Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seeing blue

Chad is a pretty amazing gift giver. It's his love language. I got some really nice things for Christmas - a watch, a purse, the Pioneer Woman cookbook, etc. But two of my favorite gifts:

A beautiful 5 1/2 quart Le Creuset French oven.

Imagine the stews, braised meats, soups and sauces I'll be making in this girl!

And it's 3 1/2 quart little sister.

Perfect for a bit pot of grits, veggies, potatoes, etc.

Le Creuset French ovens are great because you get the advantages of cast iron (heats slowly and evenly and maintains its heat) - but it's coated it an enamel that makes it easy to clean, transfer from stove top to oven, etc. Any cooking show you watch - these are what the big guns use. Once I'm in my new kitchen with my gas range and these bad boys, I'm going to mean business in the kitchen. Expect to see new recipes on this blog in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment