Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Fruit Salsa: It makes your mouth dance

This is proof I'm not selfish will all my recipes, all the time.

This recipe comes from my good friend Angela. She made it for another friend's baby shower and I decided then and there I'd have to try it out for myself. It is de-lish-ious! I've since made it for small groups, cookouts, and most recently - a fantasy football draft. It's very easy to make - just takes about an hour to fine dice your fruits into tiny pieces (then again, I'm a control freak and like my pieces to be consistent). That said - it is a whole lotta chopping. I had to sharpen my Henkel knife when all was said and done.

So here it is: Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips ... enjoy!

Ingredients:

For Salsa

2 kiwis
2 golden delicious apples
8 oz raspberries
1 lb strawberries
2 Tbs sugar (I used Splenda)
1 Tbs brown sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar)
3 Tbs seedless fruit preserves (I used Smucker's strawberry)

For Chips
10- 10'' flour tortillas
2 cups cinnamon sugar
Cooking spray

Directions
1. Peel kiwis and apples. Finely chop all fruits. I add a few tsps of Fresh Fruit while I'm chopping because I don't want my apples to turn brown.
2. Combine with sugar, brown sugar and preserves.
3. Cover and chill.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray, cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and spray again. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crispy.

4 comments: