Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lean Cuisine Review: Thai-Style Noodles with Chicken

So Lean Cuisine has come out with three new frozen entrees:

Thai-Style Noodles with Chicken
Roasted Honey Chicken

Apple Cranberry Chicken

Because I love you, dear reader, I will attempt to review these new offerings to prevent you from wasting the $3-4 yourself if they are no good. Selfless, I know. You can thank me with kisses, rainbows and Nordstrom gift cards.

So today I'm kicking if off with the Thai-Style Noodles with Chicke
n...

Hereeeeee goes:

The chicken- There is not a lot of chicken in this dish - which is fine with me since I usually pick out all the chicken anyway because it is normally grisly and nasty. However, the chicken in this dish was actually good cuts of white meat chicken, and I only had to toss out one little piece that looked a bi
t sketchy to me. So all in all, good chicken! But if you want a lot of meat in your LC meal, you might be a little let down.

The sauce- This thai-peanut sauce was actually really good. I know - me saying something in a Lean Cuisine is good... crazy right? But it was. Peppery but with a good peanut taste. Wasn't as spicy as I would have liked, but hey, can't complain too much. And there was plenty of sauce to coat all the noodles.

The noodles- I mean they are not homemade - but th
ey were good! Not soggy, not too firm. Plus the fact that they are whole wheat (aka: more fiber) is nice since it will hopefully keep me full longer than most LC meals do.

The veggies- They are actually bright and plentiful. Usually the box covers make it look like there are tons of veggies - when they are only two or three. This guy actually had a pretty decent vegetable showing with carrots, red pepper and green beans... that were still crispy! Holla. I love me a vegetable.

Overall- I can't believe I'm saying this, but this might have been one of the best Lean Cuisine meals I've ever had. I would give it a four out of five stars. (note: The only thing that could make a LC five stars is for it to no longer be a LC.)

So buy Thai-Style Noodles with Chicken with confidence. It has MPLT's stamp of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment