Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A glimpse into a night with C+C

Fact: Chad and I are weird.

Case in point:

Last night after an awesome episode of "House", Chad forced me to turn off the TV instead of watching the second half of "The Bachelor." Since it was only like 9:30, and I obviously was not at all tired yet (which I complained... loudly... several times) - so I made him tell me a bedtime story.

This is an ongoing thing with us. Chad trying to pacify me with bedtime stories that revolve around two fictional turkeys named Giblet and Jiblet. Don't ask. We don't know either.

Well after about 30 seconds of a horrible bedtime story telling (it's not his forte), I decided it would be more appropriate for me to loudly burst into song...

"Everything I do, I do it for you" by Bryan Adams to be exact.

I'm killer with the power ballads. Turn on Delilah on the radio and I can sing all the words to every song that woman plays... which I do to Chad on a frequent basis.

So after my rendition of Bryan Adams, I play the "guess what movie that song was from?!" game.

Chad, of course, didn't know. When I said, "Gah, 'Robin Hood' with Kevin Costner... duh!" He informed me he'd never seen the movie.

WHAT?!?!

Who never saw "Robin Hood" with K. Cost?! Weak. This is the same guy the never heard of "Legends of the Fall." Ummm hello, am I the only one who fell in love with Brad Pitt as Tristan?!?!

Since I was fabulous in singing a great love song to Chad, I insisted he return the favor.

He starts singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

I barely let him start before screaming, "NEXT! Not a love song."

Then he gets all whiny because "I don't remember the words to songs!"

I then tell him to try harder.

So he busts out "And IIIIII will love youuuu babyyyy - alwaysssss..." by Bon Jovi. I let him sing a few verses before I cut to the chase and belt out the "I'll be there til the stars don't shine, til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme..." part - since that is obvi the peak of the song.

He hmphs that I never let him finish. Then he starts singing me The Proclaimers, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)."

A few lines into that I say "I'm tired now. You can stop."

And he does. And we go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment