Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Put a smile on your face!

I've gotta say, it disturbs me the number of people who appear so grumpy all the time. It never ceases to amaze me to be standing in line at the grocery store or sitting next to someone at a restaurant and see how they don't smile at ANYONE. I think its the most odd thing!

It is a natural reaction to me - if I make eye contact with someone I smile.

If I'm in line at the grocery store, I smile and say hello to the cashier and bagger, then say "thank you - have a great day!" when I'm done.

That's how life is supposed to be. We're all living on this earth - we could at least try being nice to one another.

So today is a Friday and we're about to kick off a beautiful weekend - sun is shining and it's going to be warming up (at least for my North Carolina readers). Do me a favor, will you? Smile and make eye contact with every person you pass this weekend. If you walk by a landscaper working in your office park on your way out the door today, give them a grin and wish them a great weekend. If you're checking out at the drug store, thank the person as you're leaving for their help.

It's not that hard people.

And it's good for the soul. :)

Life is beautiful, folks! Don't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment