Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend at the Lake

So we had a really, really, realllllyyyyyy awesome time at the lake this weekend.

{one of the many views from the deck}

We left Thursday night with Mike, Molly and little James and made the three-hour trek to Lake Norman. We stayed with Molly's aunt and uncle, who were so wonderful and SO much fun... and also got to meet lots of Molly's extended family (including some of her way-too-cute cousins) that we hadn't been able to meet before.

Needless to say, there was lots of relaxing, eating, spending time at the water, boating, rafting, game-playing, babies and laughing.

Lots of laughing. I think there was at least ten separate occasions where I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and tears were streaming down my face. One of which was when Mol's cousin Samantha, after Chad telling her he was almost 30, said quite matter-of-fact, "Oh, you don't look that age. You look maybe 40 or something." Got 'em.

Those are the best times.

But no doubt, one of the best parts of the trip was getting to spend hours upon hours of quality time with our nephew. He's at such a fun stage where he's still our sweet little baby, but loves interacting with all people. He looks from person to person and just gives the hugest smiles to everyone.
{james showing off his musical skills... and yes, he would play it!}

{uncle chad and his little buddy}

{sweet baby smiles}

And as much as I am a beach person, this trip has me convinced that I want every ounce of our savings beyond retirement to go to a lake house and boat. I do declare I'm converted.

Here are a few other pictures from the weekend:

{morning boat ride to choose our future home...}

{taking in the breeze and sounds on the boat. however, he's not a fan of his life jacket.}

{low country boil on the deck}

{boat ride at sunset}

{lazy James on the dock swing}

{lazy Chad on a boat ride}

We made it back Sunday afternoon in time to celebrate our fathers and watch the final round of the US Open. I'm so grateful for my own dad and everything he means to our family. I'm sure he loved that he was "celebrated" on father's day by having his two daughters, one son, one son-in-law and one daughter-in-law taking naps across the living room with him, with grandson asleep on his belly, and the US Open on softly in the background. It was quite a sight to behold, as I'm sure my mama can testify.

Hope your weekend was just as swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment