Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

A WHAT for dinner?!

As you can imagine, things have been busy for us lately. Three nights out of the week we're usually committed to outside activities, which really only leaves us one night at home to get stuff done.

And when you're trying to pack up an entire townhome - that simply isn't enough time.

But we're making it happen. We've packed our china, picture frames + art, decorations, and some of our kitchen items. We've still got a loooooong way to go.

So last night, since I had to run out to get some invitations printed and knew I wouldn't be getting home before six and would have NO time to make dinner before having to pack some more, I decided I'd have to pick up something quick.

Me: "Hey hon,
I'm not going to have time to make dinner tonight."
Chad: "That's okay."
Me: "I'll just pick us up smoothies."
Chad: "WHAT?!?!"

The man acted like I just told him I decided to shave all my hair off and start living in the woods.

Me: "A smoothie?!?! What is so weird about that."
Chad: "Why would we eat a SMOOTHIE for dinner?"
Me: "Why are you acting like this is the most ridiculous thing in the world. It's fruit and yogurt! This is NOT weird."
Chad: "It's like having a milkshake for dinner."
Me: "NO it's NOT. But if it was, why would that bother you? You'd probably LOVE a milkshake for dinner. But whatever. Figure something else out on your own."
Chad: "Fine."

I mean - this was a borderline fight. Like hanging up irritated at each other. Over a damn smoothie. Needless to say, a few hours later when I'm on my way to pick up my dinner smoothie, he had changed his mind and wants one. He even says how delicious it is. But then last night, when we were about to fall asleep he gently whispers:

"Remind me to NEVER drink my dinner again. I'm STARVING."

A day in the life, let me tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment