Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 16 Check-up

Things have been super busy around work as of late, but wanted to give a quick update on our little baby bean.

I had a routine check-up with my OB yesterday, and everything looked great. These appointments are pretty quick - come in, pee in a cup (to test for protein in your urine), get weighed (I'm down one pound since I got pregnant, so in the coming weeks I should start gaining steadily), get your blood pressure checked and listen to the baby's heartbeat.

Chad didn't come this time - since there was really no reason for him to be there - but I'm sure he was a little jealous he didn't get to hear the baby. It's been four weeks since our last appointment, and it is always so reassuring to hear the baby and know everything is a-okay!

Our bean is still quite the wiggle worm - the moment our OB would find the heartbeat, we'd hear a woosh, and then the doc would have to find it again. He said we have quite the active baby and it just didn't feel like sitting still. I have no doubt about this after seeing the last ultrasound!

Just two more weeks til our next "big" appointment where we'd do an ultrasound that will scan the baby's anatomy... and obviously find out if we have a little son or daughter! We are BEYOND excited, and I can honestly say I don't care one way or another what we're going to have. (Though I will say, my nursery plans are a lot more far along in the event it is a little baby girl.) I'm just ready to know for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment