Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cilantro love

So the greatest thing happened the other night at Bible Study. My sista Whitney walked into the room with her hands behind her back. Then she trusted a big bag towards me saying, "Kyle (her husband) read your blog the other day and saw your post on cilantro... so he packaged this up for you."

Fresh cilantro from their garden.

Gardened with love. For me. Well actually for them, but whatever - to be shared with me.

How wonderfully awesome is he?!?!


I stored it using my new foul-proof system (here) - and tonight I'm going to bust it out as I make turkey tacos for dinner. And would you believe me if I told you that I put cilantro into three separate components of my tacos? You should. I use it in the black beans while their cooking, I put it in the guacamole, and then I use it as a garnish (in place of lettuce).

Three cheers for Kyle for spreading the cilantro love.


PS: I've realized I've blogged about cilantro enough that it could literally be it's own tag for my post. I might just make it one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the cilantro! I may have to send another shipment with Whitney.

    ReplyDelete