Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Handy Husband

So I'll start out by saying I'm a darn lucky woman.

Chad's current work schedule allows him to take every other Friday off - and every Friday off during the summer. I get jealous even thinking about it. I hate having to drag my butt up to work on Friday mornings with Chad getting to spend the day at home - nevermind that it's not like he sleeps in much later, and usually spends the whole day doing errands, cleaning, etc. Yes ladies, my husband does errands and cleans. Like I said, I'm lucky.

Well this morning, I get up and get in the shower... and Chad gets up and goes into the kitchen to make me coffee and a hot breakfast. Not only that, as I'm leaving, he's bringing a load of laundry to the laundry room - and is getting ready to clean the bathrooms. Lucky, right? Sometimes I need to pinch myself!

But anyway, this post didn't start out to be about how great Chad is - it was intended to be something else.

About this, in fact:

A couple years ago a commercial came on and I see this cartoon character that looks EXACTLY like Chad (if he were to be cartoonized).
Come to find out his name is Handy Manny. Do any of you know Handy Manny? You know, the one with the talking tools?

I swear he looks just like Chad. They even make the same expressions...

This is Chad with our "niece" Annie. She was like eight weeks old in this picture. Next month she turns 1. Where does time go!?"



This is Handy Manny:
So Handy Manny is now one of Chad's nicknames. And when I saw our little cousins over Christmas, I asked them if they knew who Handy Manny was... and if they thought he looked like anyone... eh hem, Chad... in particular. Of course they burst into giggles and spend the rest of the day running up to Chad taunting "Handy Manny, Handy Manny, Handy Manny..." Yep, he loved me for that one. ;)

So anyway, my little Handy Manny is about to start building us a kitchen table. I've been wanting a farmhouse style table with a bench for some time now. Luckily, our friends informed Chad about knock-offwood.com - a site where this woman goes to different furniture stores and deconstructs the plans to build them you
rself.

So we're going to build this Farmhouse Salvaged Wood Table like this o
ne at Restoration Hardware - which of course retails for $2,725...for just the table:



Though we'll probably do what the knock-off wood lady did and stain ours a darker color - like this:


This will be quite an undertaking - but it will be a fun project to do together!

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed looking thru knock-offwood site in the past b/c I really like a table from Pottery Barn. Hope Handy Manny is having a good Friday at home, next Friday he can come to our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha Great post! You sure have a great man on your hands there, does Chad have talking tools too? Let's hope not. ha ha Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete