Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let me cry a minute...

So I had a hard time getting pregnant.

I had a really rough 14+ weeks of morning sickness/nausea.

I was finally at the "good stage" of pregnancy when I get another good whammy.

Gestational diabetes.

Of course I'm in the lucky 1-4% of pregnant women who get it. Even better, I have none of the risk factors. Seriously?!?!?

I know it's not the end of the world. I do. Hopefully I can control it with diet and exercise - though with my luck, it's not likely. I'm just so frustrated. And, of course, the doctor's office didn't give me any info --- pretty much told me to be waiting for a call from Duke Hospital to schedule my diabetes education class and start my blood sugar monitoring.

I think the biggest thing I'm bummed about is that I was hopeful since a lot of other area of trying to get pregnant and the beginning of my pregnancy were difficult - that at LEAST I'd be able to have a normal, natural labor and delivery. But, women with gestational diabetes often have larger babies (since their bodies can't control the sugar levels) who can be injured by coming out of the birth canal. Thus the vast majority are delivered via C-section.

So I'm just kinda weepy. I want to go home and have a good cry. I know I'll get over it and I'll wake up tomorrow and have a more positive spirit about things.

But for now, it just sucks. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment