Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

This is your brain; This is your brain on baby.

You've heard the stories that women actually lose brain cells while pregnant. You know, pregnancy brain? When our friends David+Jamie were pregnant with little Annabelle, David frequently mentioned this little tidbit to us... much to Jamie's chagrin I'm sure.

I didn't think much of it at first, but all of a sudden I noticed Jamie would ask us the same questions over and
over.

Example:

Jamie: "Hey! Do y'all watch American Idol?"
Me: "No, we haven't really gotten into it. I watched like one season but that's it. We have our other shows."

...the next week...

Jamie: "Hey! Do y'all watch American Idol?"
Me: "No, we don't really watch it..." (figuring once I responded she'd probably remember already asking me so why shame her anymore)

...the next week...

Jamie: "So who are you pulling for on American Idol?"
Me: "Jamie! We don't watch it... remember?"
Jamie (look of confusion): "Ah sorry. I really do forget things a lot lately."

...the NEXT week...

Jamie: "So what did you guys think about last night's American Idol?"
Me (incredulous): "Jamie!!!! Do you not remember asking us this like every week!"

It was AWESOME. It was like groundhog day... except with pregnancy + American Idol. To her credit, I think American Idol was the only thing she'd ask me about weekly. And I'm not even joking - it really was like 4 weeks in a row... we always met for dinner on Thursday nights at this great Mexican place near us. I'd just wait until the AI questioning would begin!

So anyway, this was brought back to my attention when at dinner at a lovely little sushi joint on Friday Jamie said:

"Guess what!? I remembered that you were gone to Charleston last week on my own!!!"

My girl is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment