Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Frittata Time!

So the other day I asked Chad what three things he loves most about me. (Does the fact I asked this question surprise you? If so, you obviously haven't been reading my blog enough.) Exhibit A. Exhibit B. Exhibit C.

So Chad responded, after careful consideration:
1) I think you're beautiful.
2) I like your smile.
3) You make a mean frittata.


Seriously. I couldn't make that up if I tried. All the things he could say he loves about me most- he mentions that I make an excellent frittata.

Sheesh - frittatas aren't even that hard!

So with that knowledge, there is no way I could keep my frittata recipe from the masses, now could I?

Here you are - customize as you'd like:

My Pretty Little Frittata

(((This picture is NOT my frittata. I think it's a sin to make a frittata look so nice and organized. Mine is a big ol' saute pan of messy goodness... the way it was intended.)))

Ingredients:
- Eggs
- Russet potatoes
- Milk or Half and Half
- Butter
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Onion

- Green pepper
- Tomato
- Any other veg that tickles your fancy - asparagus, spinach, etc. would all be good
- Bacon if you have it
- Salt and pep
- Sriracha hot chili sauce - aka: Rooster Sauce

Directions:
1. You need to have your russet potatoes cooked. Usually I'll bake a few the night before and store them in the fridge until the next day. But if you need to, you can pop a few in the microwave to get them cooked. Afterward, you cut them up into diced pieces. If your potato is hot, it will probably crumble and fall apart. No biggie. This is a frittata - it's meant to get messy.

2. If you want to use bacon, go ahead and prepare that (either in the oven or on the stovetop), crumble it and set it aside. Now, saute your potato with onions and green pepper in some butter. Wait for it to get nice and brown. I like my potatoes and onions crispy! When that's done, remove from the pan and then throw your veggies (tomato, zucchini, spinach, etc.) in that same saute pan. Cook those for a few minutes until they get soft.

3. In a mixing bowl, beat some eggs with milk and salt and pepper.

4. Now here is where it gets crazy, kids. Take your cooked potatoes, onions, peppers, bacon, and throw it in with your veggies. Dump your egg mixture on top. Throw some sharp cheddar on top of that. Stir it around until your eggs are cooked. It doesn't take long at all. Just keep stirring until your eggs are cooked and sticking to the veggies/potatoes and the cheese is nice and melty. And salt and pepper to taste.

5. Serve it with some rooster sauce. Trust me on this. It makes even a 6 frittata turn into a 10! Rooster sauce reigns king.

Notice I didn't put any quantities with this recipe. Why? Because I'm tired of giving you people step by step instructions. Use your brain! Just kidding... but this recipe is made to be customized to the number of people you have eating. So for me and Chad, I'd probably do two potatoes, four or five eggs, a whole medium onion (because sauted onion is my reason for living), half a pepper, a tomato, and maybe an entire bottle of Rooster Sauce. Just put in what looks right to you.

Go forth and make frittata! Report back ASAP how awesome I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment