Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Time flies

Today is our two year anniversary.


Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? I really feel like we just got married the other day... hard to believe it's already been two years! But I'll tell you one thing - it's been the best two years of my life.

There is a lot I love about being married. It's nice to have someone to wake up with and come home to. It's nice to know that there is always someone that has your back and will take your side. It's nice to feel protected and taken care of.

But what I think I love most about being married to Chad is that we have so much fun together. There is not a day that goes by that Chad does not have me laughing my head off. We're goofy together. We play. We don't take life too seriously.

But some days, marriage is tough. Some days we don't see eye to eye. And that's okay. We get through those days knowing that they are few and far between. We never let a day go by without telling the other that we love them.

Love isn't just a feeling - love is a choice.

And we've had some tough times in year two of marriage. We've bought and sold a house. We lived with in-laws for five months. We got through a major surgery. We struggled with infertility. There's been a lot of frustration and tears - but there's no one in the world I'd rather go through it with.

Every day I choose Chad.

He's my best friend.

And I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment