Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I actually get these calls...

I've explained before the random e-mails (and calls) I get at my office. Here is a fun one for today:

**Ring, ring*** (phone)

Me: "News Services, this is Caroline."

Woman with a super strong Southern accent (to the point it's hard to understand): "Um yes. Is this NC State?"

Me: "Yes ma'am, this is the News Services office, how can I help you?"

Woman: "Can you send me some information about saawineee (spelling to emphasize the drawl she used when saying it)?"

Me: "Information about what?"

Woman: "Saaawinee?"

Me: "Swine?"

Woman: "Yeah... you know... pigs."

Me: "Yes ma'am, I do know that. Um, what is this in relation to?"

Woman: "I just need information about swine."

Me: "Well ma'am, this is the news office. I handle media inquires, so I'm not too sure what sort of information you need."

Woman: "That's okay, nevermind."

Me: "You sure?"

Woman: "It's okay. Thank you."

Dial tone.

I sure hope this woman got her saaawinee questions answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment