Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's the little things...

In an effort to keep our grass, plants, trees and flowers alive in the brutal North Carolina summer sun, we decided to suck it up and pay to have an irrigation system installed.

There was a crew of about seven people ready to work bright and early Saturday morning.

And my husband was up bright and early with them.

I, on the other hand, let myself sleep in until 8:30... at which time I slipped on a comfy robe, poured myself a cup of coffee, and went looking for Chad.

I had to smile when I looked out from the porch to see Chad - hands in the dirt with the landscapers - watching and learning.

That man is just like his daddy. Can't keep himself away from the action.

I dated some pretty boys in the past that would much prefer using a valet as opposed to parking their own cars... who would rather pay someone to mow their yard than get out there and do it themselves... the type that would rather call a plumber than fidget around under the sink...you get the picture.

Well let me just say that there is nothing- NOTHING -more attractive than a man's man that likes to get his hands dirty. I secretly love that he has a horrible farmer's tan from his time out working in the yard (and, I won't lie, on the golf course.) And I love when he comes inside with that man smell that all guys have after spending at least an hour outdoors in the heat. I love that he leaves a pair of ratty, muddy shoes at EVERY entrance into our house. And... dare I say it... I looooove him pulling up in the afternoons in his big ol' pick-up truck.

What can I say. He still makes me swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment