Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Death by Cupcake

Cupcakes will be my downfall.

A girl I work with asked me today if I'd ride with her to the Cupcake Shoppe in Raleigh so she could buy some cupcakes for her mom who just got out of surgery. I was desperately thinking of an excuse to get out of it - because I knew the moment I walked through those doors I would end up getting a cupcake.

And I reallllllly don't need to eat a cupcake.

But who was I to deprive this work pal of my charming company on her voyage downtown? So I agreed. The whole way there I told myself I would just buy a cupcake for Chad. Because I'm nice like that.

I walk in the doors, and was like - well maybeeee I'll buy one cupcake, eat half and bring the REST for Chad.

But then I see the choices, smell the smells, look at their pretty little piles of icing.

I was a goner. Done for. Put a fork in me. Hasta luego (I don't even know what that means.)

Smiling Cupcake Shoppe employee: "What can I get for you?"

Me: "Just a lemon zinger (Chad's choice - -I Blackberry messaged him on the golf course to get his order... again, I'm so nice)....anddddd a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting."

DANGIT! I didn't even mean to order it. It just spewed from my mouth. And I don't particularly LIKE chocolate cake... just proof the Devil got a hold of me.

And I ate every last bite of it. Chad will be lucky if his lemon zinger makes it home...

PS: I think every blog should have a picture of cupcakes on it. Cupcakes make the world smile.

3 comments:

  1. oh, i really really miss the cupcake shoppe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your random spanish insertions, i love it :) hasta luego = see you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dangit, so hasta luego did not make sense in that context.

    I KNEW I should have taken spanish instead of french! It I put french phrases in my posts no one would have heard of them!

    ReplyDelete